Powered by Blogger.

tales from the sick ward

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Maddie believes in grabbing life with both hands, wrapping her arms around it and loving it to death.

Poor Maddie.
She's still sick.
Really sick.
Maddie is pretty pitiful when she's ill. I imagine its the drastic change in her personality that makes it so hard to watch. She is usually so vibrant and full of life...actually full of life is an understatement. Maddie believes in grabbing life with both hands, wrapping her arms around it and loving it to death.
Tonight she was reduced to laying on the couch with her favorite blanket, shivering with a significant fever and coughing her little head off.
I feel so bad for her.
We've drugged her up as much as we dare. The temp is under control...but the cough is still there and her eyes are red-rimmed and teary.
I imagine I'll be taking tomorrow off.
Maybe I can get a little blogging in during her nap. ;)

11 salty messages:

Tina in CT October 7, 2009 at 4:59 AM  

Poor Maddie. Did the doctor say it's just a bad cold or viral?

Any time I hear that someone is sick, I worry about swine flu. Must be from all the TV coverage on the news.

Seeing our kids sick is tough as we feel so badly for them.

I'm sure you won't mind being home from work but wish it had been because of something fun and not because one of the kids is sick.

Rachael October 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Poor baby. Hope she is well soon and that the rest of you are spared!

Svetlana October 7, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Poor Maddie, i hope she feels beter today!! Praying for her ;-)

Elaine October 7, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Poor Maddie! I hope she feels better soon and that it doesn't spread to the other kiddos. Between fever and cough, it is sounding like the flu, no?

Tami October 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

We haven't taken her to the doctor, but I imagine it probably is the flu...or at the least a pretty nasty cold. Its similar to what I had a few weeks ago (right at expo time). Fever, cough, aches...nasty stuff. She's doing better this morning, but I kept her home from school anyway. I think she broke the fever last night, but still coughy (is that a word) and looks rather miserable. We're having a lovely time. We started out the morning with Barney and his friends. Now its on to our Barbie movie marathon. First 'The Princess and the Pauper'..then 'The Diamond Castle. Good times! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend October 7, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Feel better soon....many prayers....Love your blog design...

Just have an hour or so to blog hop this afternoon....I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit my Christmas blog...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
A great giveaway is on for the entire month of OCT...and all it takes is a comment...

jessy October 7, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Sounds exactly like the symptoms Marina has right now. We got the official diagnosis:strep throat. I'm just glad it is not pneumonia.

Living Life Happy October 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Aw, poor dear! I hope she is better soon.

Troy and Rachel October 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

I sure hope Maddie is feeling better now. It's hard to watch them be so sick when there's only so much you can do. Praying she's better.

Mike & Tara October 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

How's Maddie doing? Hope everyone is healthy.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP