Powered by Blogger.

this and that

Sunday, October 25, 2009

What am I saying? Maddie adds chaos to every situation. A good kind of chaos...but chaos never-the-less.

Its been nice and quiet around here today.
We finished up the boys' flag football season yesterday and so this is the first Sunday in quite awhile where we've been able to just stay home and veg.
Actually its the first day in awhile, period.
Its been nice.
Real. Nice.
I'm ALMOST caught up on laundry. I say almost because with a family of six you never REALLY catch up.
I mean, really. Never.
And while we're at it...why is it that adding one family member can make THAT much of a difference in the laundry level?
Before Maddie I was able to get the laundry done, most of the time. I may have a load left at the end of the weekend, but it was manageable and the kids had freshly washed, clean, unwrinkled clothes in their dressers by Sunday's end.
Now? Not so much.
Actually, they're lucky to have the clothes in their dressers...much less clean and unwrinkled.
Part of it is that I've decided to make them a lot more responsible for their laundry. They're putting their dirty clothes downstairs on Saturday morning...helping with loading and unloading the machines and putting their own clothes away after I fold them, but still...I'm WAY behind.
All. The. Time.
Little Maddie couldn't have added that much chaos to my weekend routine.
What am I saying? Maddie adds chaos to every situation. A good kind of chaos...but chaos never-the-less. ;)
In other news...
The boys football tourney went well yesterday. Nick's team finished third...and Alek's won the championship. Both boys did great and enjoyed playing, so I guess I know what I'll be doing next fall.
Now we're on to finding the girls some extra curricular stuff.
Anya got a jump start on hers. She began piano lessons a couple of weeks ago - and she LOVES it! She goes right after school one day a week, which means she goes while I'm still at work. (the babysitter takes her) Gotta love that schedule! :)
I'm still thinking about doing some sort of gymnastic thing for the girls. I think they'd both like it...and they both could use the creative outlet.
Hmmm...what else? I can't think of any other news right now. I still have the IEP meeting to write about. And I'm making a commitment to join the NaBloPoMo writing deal in November. I need to get back into the habit of writing.
Keep your fingers crossed that it works! :)

3 salty messages:

Anonymous,  October 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I am keeping my fingers crossed - because I love reading your blog.
Olga

Tina in CT October 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Are your kids involved in Girl and Boy Scouts as both are such wonderful organizations and they have great summer camps.

Troy and Rachel October 27, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Shoot -we have a family of 3 and I never catch up with our laundry either so I really feel for you!! I want to get Daniel involved in some activities now too so I'll be on the look out!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP