Powered by Blogger.

writer's block 2009...and the fate of the mom-mobile

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I kindly reminded him that no woman likes to be referred to as 'Big' and if he wants her to treat him well, he needed to show some respect.


I am having some SERIOUS writing block here, ladies. Serious.

I can't think of a single thing that sounds half-way interesting to write about. Nothing is going on around here...at least nothing blog-worthy. And every time I so come up with something half-way cute that happens with the kids, I forget to jot it down.
Add to that the fact that I use all my good words up at work and you can see my problem.
If I have IEP meetings for the kids, I figure they'll just bore you.
The kids are way over-involved in sports this fall...and I'm sure you're tired of the highlight reels.
Work...well, yea. What can I say?
And seriously, there's nothing else going on.
I do have one little piece of news...but I think its a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure you're all so starved for news from the Sunflower State that I doubt this little nugget will satisfy. (I know...drama, much?! :)
The mom-mobile is gone. She had served us well, but we had abused her well, as well. Actually, I didn't abuse her...the kids did. Kids are hard on mom-mobiles.
Soooooo.....
I am proud to introduce you to...'Blue Mama.'
Actually...Shad refuses to call her Blue Mama. He's named her 'Big Blue'.
I kindly reminded him that no woman likes to be referred to as 'Big' and if he wants her to treat him well, he needed to show some respect.
He laughed.
He can't say I didn't warn him.
I have a real picture of Blue Mama on my work computer - because, that is after all, my home-away-from-home. A friend took a picture of me with her, but I keep forgetting to post it.
Sigh.
Its a recurring theme, isn't it....forgetting. I'm doing a lot of it lately. But worry not. I haven't forgotten about you.
I just keep forgetting to write.

7 salty messages:

MamaPoRuski October 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

I'm dreaming of a new Mom-mobile too...maybe I'll just keep pics of yours until one comes my way...

Annie October 5, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Congratulations! Now - how long before you let them eat in it? I think we can say I didn't get any awards with my new car. In August it was "We are NOT going to EAT in this car!" and Saturday night Anastasia was actually eating a TACO in it. A TACO!

You write too much at work; I'm sure that's it. Previously your writing needed an outlet and now it's a busman's holiday.

I'm SORRY!

Diana October 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Oh, we love mom-mobiles, don't we? Enjoy your new one.

Conethia and Jim Bob October 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

We are down a car an now trying to haul all four of us in a honda civic! I love my "for work only being that I drive around 70 miles each day" civic but it's not made for back seat passengers. I'm jealous.

Elaine October 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Congrats on the new mom-mobile! I remember how I was mildly mortified when we graduated up to one, but now I LOVE mine. I don't care how un-green it is (does that make it orange?), I think I will always drive a Suburban, even after the kids are grown. If they still make them when mine dies.

Tina in CT October 5, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

I didn't let my daughter eat in the car as a child and as a teenager, I strongly limited what was eaten in the car. The same rule appplies now to the grandkids. Can you tell that I like a very clean car?

A taco? Horrors!

Congrats on your sporty, spiffy Mom Mobile. You look very good standing by it.

Courtney October 6, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

We don't eat in the car either. They can't make it through a meal at home without making a mess; it'd be even worse if we were moving while they were trying to eat! LOL

I still think you should have gone for the 12-passenger. ;)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP