Powered by Blogger.

as soon as I open my mouth...

Monday, November 23, 2009

the other shoe drops.
Alek is sick.
Well, I'm not sure, exactly, HOW sick he is - but he was sick enough that the school nurse called around noon to inform me he was complaining of a headache and had a low-grade fever.
'Do you want me to give him some medicine,' she asked.
I talked to Alek to get an idea of how bad it was. He assured me with some medicine he would be fine...so a dose of ibuprofen it was.
An hour later she called again. He was still complaining of the headache - the fever hadn't gone anywhere, he was looking flushed and was asking for someone to come get him.
So...in spite of the fact that I had a deadline looming in three hours AND I had just finished the interview right before lunch AND I had NO idea how the story was going to come together AND I knew there was no way I was going to get any writing done with a sick kid at home...I drove the 30 minutes to the school to get him.
By the time he came into the office, he was just fine.
Little stinker. But somehow despite the many, many distractions this afternoon, I did get the story done...with 30 minutes to spare.
That, in and of itself, may be a miracle - I don't know - I may have to look it up in the Bible. Is there anything in there about God performing the impossible for a Mom with a sick kid, who needs to meet a deadline and needs all four kids to behave themselves and not interrupt her long enough so she can finish an article so she wouldn't get fired?
Hmm...probably not.
But I'm still thinking its a miracle.

2 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 23, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Sounds like a miracle to me.

MamaPoRuski November 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Never discount God working in you, through you and around you! Glad things turned out fine! HUGS!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP