Powered by Blogger.

move over Paula Dean

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

According to the experts, I am a great cooker who knows how to make a mean brownie mix, has a cookbook...and could possibly beat her up.

'Mom is the best cooker in the world,' Nick said last night as he was picking at his supper.
Somehow he was convinced it was the best supper ever, despite the fact that it was taking forever for him to eat his stew.
'Nuh, uh,' said the ever practical Alek. 'Paula Deen is. She made a cookbook.'
'Mom has a cookbook,' Nick argued. 'Mom could beat her up.'
'Yea,' Anya agreed. 'Mom's brownies are good.' (They're a mix)
'Yea,' Maddie said. 'Mama good.'
So there you have it. According to the experts, I am a great cooker who knows how to make a mean brownie mix, has a cookbook...and could possibly beat her up.
Move over Paula Dean. ;>)

7 salty messages:

Diana November 24, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Yeah for kids! They are the best.

I bought a new sweater for myself yesterday. It was a little more expensive than I anticipated, but finding a significant lack of anything else that actually fit over the girls and still looked descent on the rest of my person, I bought it...and another one just like it in a different color. I put one of them on today. Amdanda was shopping with me the other day when I first saw this sweater, but because of the price, I had decided not to purchase it at that time. Well, the price didn't get better and the selection in other options got worse. So I went back and purchased the original sweater, and another one too. When I put it on today, Amanda said "Oh, you went back and bought that sweater!" "Yup, I did. It was still kind of expensive, but I needed clothes so bad and I couldn't find anything else that fit me. So, I bought it." My adorable Joseph then said "Wow Mom! You look pretty! You're worth an expensive sweater!" :-)

RAD, RAD, go away, never come back to our house again! :-) And there's my thankful moment for the day!

Tina in CT November 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

What more could a mom ask for?

Elaine November 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Ooo, I bet you could take her easy. She's got to be at least 20 years older, right?

Conethia and Jim Bob November 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

I thought this post was in reference to the "hog" that hit Paula in the nose at a recent benefit! Cute story with the kids!

Shelly and Carol November 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Tami,
Your posts are always so adorable. And the kids even more so!

Annette November 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

Thank you for such uplifting words of encouragement. I did end up getting through the day....

I don't always like His timing... but I'm working to understand that it'll work out in the end... just need more patience! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP