Powered by Blogger.

quick takes to catch you up

Sunday, November 22, 2009

By the time Christmas comes around, we're going to NEED that week off so we can decontaminate.

H
ellooooo? Anybody out there? My name is Tami and I'm the author of this-here blog. Its been TWO weeks since my last post and I'm afraid that every reader I've ever had has run for greener, and more entertaining pastures.
Just in case there are a few of them left, though, I thought I would put up some quick takes to let them know I AM still alive and thinking of them. And I promise, promise, promise that I won't let two weeks go by again, without blogging.
Bad, bad, blogger!

1. I know this comes as a big shock, but I've been just a tad busy lately. I don't think I've ever been this far behind in blogging. Not even during our adoption trip and two moves. Some of it has been work-related...some of it not. All of it time-consuming and otherwise energy draining. I'm hoping I can keep it in check over the next month of so...but no promises. I'm hoping to take a week off at Christmas so I can stay home with the kids and in 'feature reporter world' that means I have to write all my stories ahead of time. UGH!

2. Four doctors office visits and five prescriptions later, I think we're starting to feel a little better around here. Of course that's assuming that no one catches anything else that anyONE else has had in the last two weeks. Every child has been sick...Shad has been sick...I'm not allowing myself to be sick...and everyone has had something different! As you know Alek had strep - so far no collateral casualties. Shad had the massive migraine - I've kept him drugged up on caffeine to prevent a repeat. Anya had yet ANOTHER ear infection...hence the failed repeat hearing screening that I forgot to tell you about. Nick complained of a headache and being dizzy the other night but thankfully he was able to sleep through the night and woke up the next morning without any other issues - keeping an eye on him. We thought Maddie had pink eye last week, but turns out it may have just been a nasty cold. Just in case though, we're following through with the drugs. In the meantime, she developed a pretty good fever on Saturday and another seal-like cough. As of today her fever is gone...and the cough is now productive, so off to school she goes tomorrow. By the time Christmas comes around, we're going to NEED that week off so we can decontaminate. UGH.

3. I just realized its been months since I gave you a Maddie update. I think its about time. I'm putting it on the agenda for this week. Let's see if I can follow through. To say she's doing great really is an understatement...but I'll elaborate later.

4. Job is going well. I'm writing more than I ever thought possible, which I guess is a good thing. The only problem is it is definitely affecting my blogging, which I hate. I love to blog. I need to blog. I want to post about our daily lives...and I adore the feedback I get. I've got to find a way to get back my blogging mojo.

5. Tonight I embarassed my children. Horribly. Hee-hee. ;) It was Family Night at church, which means everyond gets together for a big Thanksgiving dinner and then each Sunday School class puts some sort of 'act' together to entertain everyone else. Maddie's class did a line-up of fishing songs - you know, like 'Peter, James and John in a Sailboat', 'Fisher's of men' and 'God made the fishies in the deep blue sea." Cute stuff. Nick's class did the traditional say a verse and sing a song, number. Anya's class did a skit about John the Baptist. Alek's class had a spitting contest skit. And then there was me.
My class decided to add add something 'beautiful' to the church. We worked long and hard to bring a fountain into the santuary. After all, we have put in new carpet recently, painted and had other 'beautifying' projects. So we all dressed up in togas, put a faux wreath in our hair, and carried a pitcher of water on our shoulders all the while doing the 'wedding walk' down the aisle.
When we got to the stage, we formed a circle, one of us got in the middle (thankfully, not me), took a drink of water from our pitcher and then spit it up in the air.
A more beautiful 'fountain' I have never seen.
Of course, I giggled so hard through the whole thing that our fountain was a little lopsided.
And NO! There are no pictures! :)

6. I'm working on a post for the mirror site. I have a few things I need feedback on but for one reason or another don't feel comfortable putting up on here. I'll let you know when it's ready.

7. Did you know...Mucinex is actually a fancy brand name for guafinacin (spelling not guaranteed) - a drug Shad gives horses when he wants to knock them out. Strange, but true. I find this kind of stuff out ALL. THE. TIME. Probably more often than I want, quite frankly. When he informed me of the alternative use tonight all I could think of was that I had given my youngest daughter a horse drug to help control her cough. Images of large glass bottles of drugs and massive syringes flew through my mind. There are days when I wonder if the DVM thing was a good idea. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

7 salty messages:

Anonymous,  November 23, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Welcome back!! I've missed your posts!!

Tina in CT November 23, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I have been checking for new posts and was pleasantly surprised this AM. Welcome back. You've been very busy.

Rachael November 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Hope you stay well!

And, you shouldn't have to apologize for not blogging. Most of us have feed readers, so we'll still be here. :)

Bethany November 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

hooray for improved health! Maybe you can breathe again. Not likely, though, is it? Happy Thanksgiving!

SLColman November 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Glad to see you posting!!

Andrea,  November 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Yes it is quite odd that horse traquilizer works for a cough but about the time that you have been up for several night it just doesn't matter. Plus the dose os quite less.

Diana November 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Hi, I'm Diana. I'm a blog author myself and it's been almost that long since I posted anything on my blog. Sickness, catching up, high needs kids, and holidays to that do us. I have you on my reader, so I never miss your posts. When you post, I read - even if there's a year inbetween :-). (((hugs)))

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP