Powered by Blogger.

virus 2...humans 0

Sunday, November 8, 2009

My big guy never gets sick, so when he gets knocked down by something I know he's really ill.

The pigs have moved in...made themselves at home...and are taking us out, one by one.
Alek was first. He got up in the middle of the middle of the night with a fever of 101. I gave him some medicine and settled him down on our bedroom floor, just so I could keep a better eye on him. He slept the rest of the night - although I didn't. My big guy NEVER gets sick, so when he gets knocked by down by something I know he's REALLY ill.
When he got up this morning, the fever was up to 102.
Sigh.
I really probably should have taken him in to Urgent Care this morning, but honestly the fever was pretty well under control at that point and his only other complaint was a sore throat, so I decided since I had a built-in babysitter in Shad, I had better head to the office (yes, on a Sunday) so I could get SOME work done . I figure if I've put in the time, its less sick time I'll have to take this week (once again, I'm thankful for a supervisor who has children...and understands). I brought home all of the stuff I'll need to work at home this week, if necessary, but working at home is NEVER very productive.
By the time I got home, Alek's fever was up to 103. Thankfully, it comes down with medication...although this time it also took a luke-warm shower.
His temp has been hanging out around 99.7 ever since. Let's hope it stays that way.
Meanwhile, Shad started slowing down.
He ran that minor temp last night, but honestly? He runs minor temps All. The. Time. I don't know what it is about the guy, but you can look at him wrong and he'll spike to 101. Crazy stuff.
Anyway...
I figured it was his bi-monthly fever...but what do you know, this afternoon he crashed on the couch with chills, headache and the start of a sore throat.
Great.
So. Should we start taking bets on whose next? So far, no one else has symptoms. I am a bit run down, but I think its just from a restless night. I'm off to head to bed early to try and cut this pig thing off at the pass.

3 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Do you think it's the swine flu?

Hope the flu bug doesn't get anyone else but that probably won't be the way it'll go unfortunately. Make sure all the sickies drink plenty of fluids to ward of dehydration.

Hope Alex and Shad recover quickly.

Tammy November 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Tami, thanks for the comment over on my blog. Sorry you guys are down. Will pray for God's perfect health in your family's life. I read your stuff, too, often and am praying for your "stuff" at work and at home. Be blessed! Tammy

Annie November 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Good luck! I don't want to jinx myself, but Sergei, Nastya and Zhenya were all very sick, and Ilya and I are so far left standing.

The director of the kids' school, who happens to also be a physician, mentioned that some people get H1N1 and never have any symptoms or only feel a little tired, or headachey briefly. I'm hoping that is me. I'll hope it is you, too.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP