Powered by Blogger.

who's brilliant idea was this anyway?

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Its just like her to come up with brilliant traditions like stuffing as many birthday balloons in the birthday kid's room as she can...and then for it to come back and kick her in the tail a few years later - like when she has FOUR kids and has to come up with enough hot air to fill those darn balloons every three months!

I'm already flailing...
Going under...
Sinking fast!
I have somehow written myself into a HUGE corner at work and for the life of me I have NO idea how I'm going to survive...let alone get ANYTHING up on this blog this weekend.
I have two stories due tomorrow...one on Monday and two on Tuesday.
BIG stories. Its not like they're little ones I can just blow off and do only my regularly scheduled work day. Oh NO! I will probably be working on them all weekend long.
In between, of course, the laundry, housework and whatever special treat Anya has planned for us. Birthday people in our house get to pick a special place to go to for lunch on their birthday. Since Anya's was during the week, we have to do it this weekend.
Sigh.
Whoever came up with that family tradition should really start thinking about the long-term ramifications of her bright ideas. Its just like her to come up with brilliant traditions like stuffing as many birthday balloons in the birthday kid's room as she can...and then for it to come back and kick her in the tail a few years later - like when she has FOUR kids and has to come up with enough hot air to fill those darn balloons every three months!
I'm just sayin'.
Anyway...
I'm thinking this NaBloPoMo thing may been another one of 'her' not so good ideas. Especially during the month of November. Not that I'm giving up or anything...I'm just thinking whatever you do get out of me during the next 30 days may not always be witty, pithy or particularly creative-y.
Wish me luck ladies...work's calling - and I'm diving in.

I am thankful for...my job. This time last year I didn't have one - so many people around the country are still looking for one - I just wish I was better at it so it didn't claim so much of my off-work time. Sigh.

8 salty messages:

MoonDog November 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

and I have SIX kids so thats a lotta balloons! we have birthdays in feb(but thats eric so maybe he wouldnt need balloons) mar june sept oct nov dec so I would spend the better part of fall plowing up balloons! its an awesome idea and I love it but man I do not have the energy for THAT! hang in there Mama this too shall pass. busy days are good days. before you know it the day is over and ON TO THE NEXT!

Tina in CT November 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Who said that you have to have a long daily blog? Just a few lines to let us know that you're still breathing is good.

Good luck getting the two stories written.

I'll be cutting back perennial gardens (low 60's and sunny this weekend in CT) and cleaning.

SLColman November 6, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Good luck getting everything done!

MamaPoRuski November 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

I just bag the balloons and reuse them. They last quite a long time in a cold garage...pathetic I know! Hugs and Prayers for you!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Good luck!
You sure have a lot on your plate...
Even if you will blog every other day we will appreciate it.
Olga

Anonymous,  November 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

On the traditions business - you are the one who created them, so you are the one who can put the end to them!
One year, years ago when my children were small, I realized that I am adding traditions in the scary rate. At one point we celebrated every conceivable holiday in December. Plus my daughter birthday. And kids got a present for each holiday. Small one, but still...
So, I had to put an end to it. And announce that December is 1 holiday month. It worked.
Olga

Mom In Missouri November 6, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Ah-hem, it's a love/hate thing---but they're the ones that love it! ~~Lesa

Caroline November 7, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

I think it's a *wonderful* birthday tradition and memory for your dear four, but you don't get extra points for blowing them up by mouth. A balloon inflator double action air pump is only about 7 bucks at a party store.

And I'm thankful for you continuing to write for us!(when you are able) Thanks, Tammi. :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP