Powered by Blogger.

a little of this...a lot of that

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today I ate a bit of something called a bacon exlosion. Actually it was two bits...or maybe even three.

We're officially fourteen days into the new year and I have to admit I'm doing a REALLY bad job of keeping up with those resolutions.
I'm failing miserably at resolution number one - Keeping the blog updated. Ummm...yep. Not so much.
Number two - Losing weight. Ummm...again, not so much. Today I ate a bit of something called a 'bacon explosion'. Actually it was two bits...or maybe three. It was work related...really! A co-worker of mine is working on a story about bacon and we discovered a little restaurant in Kansas City that sells these things. At the time it seemed like a good idea to conduct some research and try one...and quite frankly it was delicious, but that's little comfort. I just know the accompanying calories do not care if eating the sausage and bacon roll was work-related. They're going to plant themselves on my hips anyway.
Sigh.
Number 4 - Being a better housekeeper. I would say that I am doing a better job at this except all you'd have to do is come over right now and take a peek inside the back door to know I'm lying my tail off. Yep...again, not so much. I'm just going to come clean. (Ha! Pun intended). My house is not clean. I have three baskets of clean laundry to be folded in my bedroom right now...but there are several dirty ones overflowing in the laundry room. This weekend. I promise. This weekend, I will get caught up.
Number 5 - The personal one - I haven't gotten very far on that one either. Still working on it...just not having much luck.
But there's good news. I'm doing great on number three! :)
I'm reading to the kids. Well, okay. I'm reading to the girls. The boys are bored out of their mind and I'm going to need to find a new book to read to them...Call of the Wild just isn't cutting it. But the girls and I wrapped up 'Little House in the Big Woods' tonight...and they're LOVING it. They asked me to read two chapters tonight so we could finish the book and start on 'Little House on the Prairie' tomorrow.
They're so excited...and I'm actually enjoying it myself. I forgot how good the books are...and as long as the girls are in their beds, they're not quite so squirmy and disinterested, which is nice. I think we're all discovering something with this one. For me...reading to, at least the girls, isn't so yucky. And for the girls...books are kind of cool.
Mission accomplished.
In other news, we celebrated the second anniversary of going to court to adopt Maddie on Jan. 10th. The second anniversary of Gotcha Day (or as we like to call it 'Family Day') is Jan. 24th. I'm working on the video that I promised you last year, except the drive with all of my pictures on it has bit the dust. I have most of them on this computer as well, but there are three or four that just MADE the video and they may be gone for good.
AUGH!
Anyway...working on getting that video done for you all...and myself, by the 24th. (Something to look forward to.)
Work is going well. Still busy...but I doubt that is ever going to change. I am still using up most of my words at work right now which means I have absolutely no desire to blog anymore...which stinks. I LOVE blogging. Really, I do. But what in the world am I going to blog about when I sit at my desk all day writing...and then when I get home all I have time to do is fix dinner, help the kids with homework, read to the girls and get everyone in bed?
Seriously.
I just re-read this entry and am half tempted to erase it, except I've already typed this one up and I don't have anything else rolling around in my brain. I'll try to think of something more clever to blog about next time.


8 salty messages:

Jean January 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

How about reading some Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn to the boys? If I remember correctly they are very entertaining with lots of antics that boys especially relate too.

Jean

Courtney January 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Totally get your second-to-last paragraph. If you can, see if you can find some Henty books for the boys. He was a historical fiction writer and boys (and girls, too) LOVE his books. They're generally recommended for ages 10 and up, but Nick might like them too. Our library has them but they must be originals because you can't check them out. What's the point of that?!?

Annie January 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

That bacon thing looks amazing....and I don't really eat meat.

I read the "Laura books" to my kids a few different times. "Big Woods" is very S L O W compared to the others...the rest are hard to put down, except the beginning of "Silver Lake" is SO SAD that I CANNOT read it without - not just crying - no - SOBBING.

Ginger Pye is a great little book the boys (actually, all the kids and you ) would like.

Troy and Rachel January 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

I didn't even bother to make a resolution this year, so as far as I am concerned you're already ahead of me! I think it's great that you are reading to the girls!!

It's hard to believe 2 years have passed!

Christine January 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

I cna relate to your last paragraph. I have typed things up only to delete them too. :)

Tina in CT January 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

I haven't read the book but just saw the DVD - White Fang. Bet the boys would like that.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Sage January 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Try the Max series for the boys. James Patterson wrote them because his own 10 year old son hated to read. The main character is a girl but there is tons of action. Also maybe Peter and the Starcatcher. We haven't read it yet but I have heard boys love it. It is about Peter Pan and Captain Hook before the movies...

Hang in there...you can't be super woman in everything!

jessy January 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Yay for reading!!! Trying to think what books my boys have enjoyed the best...how about "Tale of Despereaux"? The book is a MILLION times better than the movie.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP