Powered by Blogger.

mulligan!

Monday, January 4, 2010

...the wildest animals we have around here are the possum that scrounge around for cat food in the garage.

Do-over!
Re-start!
Mulligan!
I'm only four days into my New Year, New Me campaign and I've already failed on two out of the five resolutions. Number one and number two.
*Sigh*
That's pretty pathetic. I have been eating more than ever - thanks to a really sweet case of PMS. Love that stuff. And the Wii has been woefully silent for the last two days.
And as far as updating the blog more often - you all are witnessing the fact that I'm not doing such a great job of that, so I won't even try to make up some tale about wild-eyed third graders. :)
Good news though! I started number resolution number three tonight! The boys and I read two chapters of 'The Call of the Wild.' Now, I have to say - I'm not sure I want to keep going with that one. So far I'm bored out of my mind, the boys are uninterested and its quite violent. The last thing I want is to bring more blood and guts into my boys' lives. I already have a hard enough time keeping them from wrestling in the house and using vacuum hoses as 0ozies.
The girls and I read a couple of chapters of 'Little House in the Big Woods.' We're at the part where springtime is coming to the Big Woods and Pa took the pelts to town to sell. Too bad spring isn't coming to the Emerald City any time soon. I'm about sick of the fri-gid temps...and I'm one of winter's biggest fans! Of course the bear Ma and Laura ran into in the barnyard doesn't sound like much fun...but then again the wildest animals we have around here are the possum that scrounge around for cat food in the garage and the occasional wildcat that someone sees down by the river. And the river is a long ways from here...so I think I'm okay in longing for spring.
Oh! I almost forgot to tell you...
Anya had surgery today. Nothing serious, just a couple of ear tubes. She flunked her hearing test, yet again. And then SURPRISE flunked her test at the ENT...so he suggested tubes.
Part of me is glad we won't have to deal with this again for a couple of years...the other part of me wishes we could figure out a more permanent solution to this problem. She doesn't seem to be outgrowing ear infections (although there is the possibility - in my mind at least - that it has something to do with her growth delay) so wouldn't it make sense to try to come up with a more permanent solution? You know - something along the lines of allergy testing or medication to take during a certain time of the year - or SOME. THING?
*sigh*
Maybe by the time the tubes fall out she'll have had a sudden growth spurt and all of this will be a distant memory. At least we know the tubes will work. The last time she had them, she didn't have an ear infection for two years! :)
She's had three in the last nine weeks...in different ears...with medication the entire time.
First day back to school (for everyone but Anya) went well. Maddie's teacher said she was a bit loud - but well behaved. That's good to hear. I STILL owe you all an update AND I'm reworking the video that I did last year for Maddie's one year anniversary. Look for it toward the end of the month. Can you believe its almost been two years ALREADY?!
I can't. But one thing I can believe is how well Maddie is fitting in. It's happened with all four of the kids - at the two year mark it suddenly seems like they've been with us forever. I barely remember a time without her...and the same has become true with her, which is AWESOME! :)
I'm back to work tomorrow...well, actually I did some work from home in the last 48 hours. I finally finished up that article on the family from Ukraine. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped in my mind...but my boss seemed happy with it, so I guess that's what matters. I'll post it at some point after it prints.
Hmm...what else? I think that's it for now and since I really don't have an incredibly pithy way to sign off I'll just say - I'll work on getting back on track with those resolutions. Who knows, maybe I'll actually getting something posted on here two days in a row - and maybe I'll be able to walk past that cookie jar tomorrow and not even be tempted.

Yeah. Right.

7 salty messages:

Tina in CT January 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Resolutions are hard to keep. I've been saying that I'm going to lose weight for years.

Courtney January 5, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

I have no idea why we set resolutions when the Christmas leftovers are still around. *sigh*

Conethia and Jim Bob January 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

You're just getting in the hang of things, at least thats been my excuss for the first few days.

Diana January 5, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

The Wii has kicked my behind for the past couple of days. Get back on and keep going. If you can't do 30 mintues, do 15 or 10 or 5.

PMS, I can't help you with. I deal with the very same thing, though. And the Wii doens't like it, either. It made my Mii even fatter than I really am and made me take a quiz about why I've suddenly gained wait. PMS water retention wasn't one of the options! Ugh! When you find the solution to that one, let me know.

Good luck with everything else. Hopefully Anya will be mending and hearing soon.

Drew and Rita January 7, 2010 at 6:10 AM  

I know of several families that cleared up the ear infections through dietary changes.

kate January 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

LOVE the Little House books. LOVE.

Try "My Father's Dragon" for all of them. Quick and easy and enjoyable.

For the boys...maybe..."Indian in the Cupboard"?

Cindi Campbell January 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

HEY! We are reading "Call of the Wild" too, in the morning waiting on the bus. I have actually had to skip over the part where one dog was killed. Ugh! My sensitive dd Marissa would have been so upset. I've never read this book so you can imagine my surprise at the violent scenes. But, we're enjoying it too.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP