Powered by Blogger.

my life is one, very long, seinfeld episode

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunflower Seeds is morphing...changing... evolving... OH WAIT! I don't believe in evolution!

Sometimes I feel like this blog has no identity. Its something about nothing...kind of like a really bad Seinfeld episode.
It used to have an identity.
When we brought Maddie home two years ago, I created Sunflower Seeds. It was supposed to chronicle Maddie's adjustment and our reorganization into a family of six. And it did that. But the content of Sunflower Seeds didn't really change much. I wrote cute stories about Maddie's language aquisition, posted awesome video of her first hearing moments and marked the months off with attachment updates.
Now that Maddie truly has melded into our family, become a seamless part of it, I find myself having a hard time coming up with blog material.
Don't worry...I'm not going anywhere, I'm just trying to figure out where the blog is going and what I'll be concentrating on.
Family life is almost non-existant. I've mentioned ad naseum about how by the time I get home from work in the evenings, I only have enough time to fix dinner and help kids with homework before its time to get them all ready for bed.
Not much time in that schedule for funny kid stories.
Work isn't bloggable.
The radio show is up and running, but so far we haven't had any callers and we're still working out the kinks.
Even the animals are just laying around sleeping and not providing any entertainment.
I'd use my witty writing skills to make something out of nothing, but have I mentioned lately that all my really good words are used up at work?
So....I'm waiting.
Sunflower Seeds is morphing...changing...evolving...
OH WAIT! I don't believe in evolution! Hmmm...a better word might be metamorphasis.

Anyway...I'm hanging out. Waiting for inspiration and posting as it strikes.
Please stand by.

6 salty messages:

Tina in CT January 19, 2010 at 5:31 AM  

Your life has a lot more to blog about than mine and even the little daily things are interesting to read. Hey, last night I wrote a paragraph about the last 24 hours of weather here in CT. Now that is boring.

With your work and the daily evening routine, I'm sure you're exhausted by time the kids are in bed. Normal

Zack, Jenn and William January 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

I think that classifies as micro-evolution, so that's okay :) Looking forward to whatever you have next for your readers!

Courtney January 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

In answer to your comment-question, yes, we plan on homeschooling at least one or two...maybe all if I can manage it. We really believe it would benefit Alex especially. We've just got to get me at home first!

lookingforgeorge January 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

I've been feeling the same way -- the whole unfocused blog thing. I figure I'll just keep plugging away and hopefully at some point I'll become more focused again. In the meantime, I'll contine enjoying your blog :).

Bethany January 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Honestly, this comment isn't so much about the theme of your post, but about how I feel, instead. I feel a little sad and very frustrated when I see intelligent, educated people like you who have never had evolution properly explained. Any scientist that's actually any good would tell you that science has no place determining existence of anything, from bigfoot to God. I know, there are plenty of God-hating science people out there, but that's beside the point. I wish all my Bible-loving, in-awe-of-God's-creation friends knew what I know...that the principles of evolution only make God's creation more miraculous, and more credible. No more "magical" creation, but one that was so well thought out, that he could start it and let it go, using the principles of nature (not so different from a series of dominoes.) Obviously, He was guiding the steps from simple to complex. Obviously, He set the whole thing in motion to begin with. The theories of evolution and natural selection only strive to explain the mechanism, not the guiding hand. All the science I have taken (which is a LOT, including courses in genetics and evolution) has only strengthened my knowledge that God is almighty, that he knows all, and we are only lucky enough to figure out some of the ways some of the time. I am closer to Him, and more in awe of Him, because I understand evolution. I wish all my Christian friends could see what I see.

Sorry to take over your post, but your insert at the top just hit me really hard tonight.

Oh, and way to go Wildcats! :)

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP