Powered by Blogger.

mirthful maddie

Monday, March 22, 2010

In the last few weeks its been as if my little Madster has gone through a transformation of sorts.
I've told you how incredibly laid back Maddie is. She takes everything in stride, rarely getting upset...and she always has a smile on her face.
And it's still true...in fact it seems to have multiplied.
I think Maddie is finding her sense of humor...and it is HILARIOUS! :)
Case in point - on Saturday, Shad took the kids to Kansas city to an alpaca show - because, you know, we now own two (count them, two) alpaca (not quite sure if that should be alpaca or alpacas...but since I'm not on the clock, I'm not going to do the research to figure it out. :)
Anyway...He took them to the show.
When they got back, I had this conversation with Maddie...

Me: Maddie, did you like the show?
Maddie: Uh-huuuuuuuh.
Me: Well, what did you see there?
Maddie: Sheep. (Believe me, she knows the difference.)
Me: Maddie, you didn't see sheep, did you? It was an alpaca show.
Maddie: Uh-huuuuuuh. We saw sheep. Pink sheep (with a big grin on her face.) Lots of pink sheep.
Me: Really? Wow. Pink sheep. I don't think I've ever heard of a pink sheep at an alpaca show. ;)
Maddie: (Giggle, giggle, snort.) Ha. Ha. Mommy. I gaaaaawt you! :)
Me: Yes, Maddie. You certainly did.

I can't quite remember what developmental milestone that is for un-institutionalized kids - how early they truly discover their funny bone...but Maddie seems to have certainly found hers! :)

5 salty messages:

Tina in CT March 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

When you look back 2 years, you see the radical tranformation of Maddie. We readers see it in your blog when you write about her.

Courtney March 22, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

It killed me that we were in KC Saturday night and I didn't have a way to get in touch with you. I would have LOVED to get our broods together! Next time I need to plan better and send you an email ahead of time!

Annie March 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Very cute.

Is an alpaca like a llama?

I took the kids to a llama show once and was amazed/amused to see people leaving the show with a llama sitting in the back seat of their van.

SLColman March 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

That is so cute!
Awesome!!

Tina in CT April 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

A llama in the back seat of a car - now that's "interesting".

How are you? Miss you in blogland.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP