Powered by Blogger.

a bit of chocolate, please

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I have a confession to make. I've done something I've never done before...and swore I never would.
I signed up for one of those 'blog tour challenges' last week.
I know, I know...but I HAD to! It was a *CHOCOLATE* blog tour.
"Aaaaah...," I can hear you say. "Now I understand. You have an addiction."
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!! Why, YES. I. DO!
There is a definite dependence here. You'll remember...chocolate was one of the luxury items I took en-bulk to Ukraine two years ago. Do you not remember the M&Ms and popcorn?! (I looked for a link, but promptly got sucked into reading two months worth of my adoption blog...still couldn't find it but had a nice trip down memory lane.)
It's been a rough few weeks here in the Emerald City, hence, the radio silence. So when I saw the email in the inbox announcing the "Dove Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter blog tour" - well, let's just say I didn't have a very lady-like response. I may have actually squealed...just a bit. And maybe snorted. ;)
Anyway...I jumped...actually, I chucked the article I was supposed to be writing and whipped up an email and sent it off to Alison at Mom Central, begging her to let me take part in the tour.
Seriously...begging.
And low and behold a few hours later I had a lovely little note in my inbox saying I would be receiving a box in the mail within a few days.
*Cue the hallelujah chorus here*
True to her word, the lovely box showed up in my box a few days later. And it couldn't have come at a better time. Have I mentioned its been a bit tough here in the Emerald City lately?
Ummm...yeah.
Anyway...we need to get a few things straight, right here, right now. I am not impartial when it comes to chocolate, or to Dove chocolate. There's no pretense of journalistic integrity...impartiality or any other-ty. I LOVE the stuff.
LOVE. IT.
And this stuff is no different. It is smooth and yummy and perfect...and, and, and...
I haven't willingly shared a single bite of it.
With anyone.
I actually hid it from the kids. Am I a bad mommy because I hid the bag from the kids...and Shad...and from my mother when she came to visit this weekend, because I know she would have cleaned me out? (Who did you think would have taught me to love chocolate. I come by it honestly, let me tell you! :)
So...the conclusion.
It's good.
Really, really good.
Go get some.
Hurry.
Go.
Now.
Cuz I'm not sharing. :)
*I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of DOVE and received samples DOVE Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter products and a gift certificate to facilitate my review.

8 salty messages:

Tina in CT April 8, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

I completely can relate to your love of chocolate.

lookingforgeorge April 8, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

I'm not even sure what a blog tour is, but if you scored free chocolate, wahoo! You are not a horrible mom for hiding it from your kids. Didn't they just get a crapload of candy for Easter anyway??

Rachael April 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

I don't get it...what's the tour part?

Tami April 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

A blog tour is one of those things where a company sends bloggers a sample of their product, asks them to try it and then blog about it. Since this is our family's blog, I avoid them. I figure its not what you came here to read about...but I just couldn't resist one about chocolate! :)

MoonDog April 8, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

how does one get involved in blog tours? I would willingly become loquacious about any product I LOVE freebies.

Tami April 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

MoonDog...I signed up with Mom Central last year and occasionally get emails from them announcing these blog tours. There have been a few others I've been tempted to take part in, just haven't followed through. I know there are other websites that offer the same thing.

Courtney April 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Oooooo...free chocolate! I couldn't have passed it up either! And with peanut butter...it's a good thing I don't know where you live! ;)

mrsbroccoliguy April 9, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

DUDE. Now *that* is a product I would willingly sell out my blog for! Oh and I would also totally hoard it too... I'd feel guilty, but I'd still keep it all to myself. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP