Powered by Blogger.

a new beginning

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I did something the other day I've been dreaming of for a very long time. 
I resigned.
As of July 31, 2010, I will officially no longer be a newspaper reporter, instead I will be a stay-at-home mom/freelance writer.
I KNOW! Crazy, huh?! It kinda surprised me too. The whole thing came together pretty quickly. I'll fill you in on the details later. What I'm concentrating on right now is that in less than 30 days I will be home with my kids. 
I'll be here when they're sick...
I'll drop them off at school...(except on Tuesdays when Shad's home. ;)
I'll go on their field trips...
I'll pack their lunches every morning (because you KNOW without me working full-time the belt HAS to tighten! ;)
I'll pick them up from school every single day...(except on Tuesdays when Shad's home.)
I'll help them with their homework...(except on Tuesday's when Shad's home.)
I'll fix their after-school snacks...(except on Tuesdays when...well, you know. ;)
And so much more...
I can't tell you how excited I am. It's been a long, complicated road to make this happen. Its been a long time coming...we needed a lot of miracles to make it work...but God is GOOD!  
Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

9 salty messages:

Diana June 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

Good for you, Tami! I hope your business is successful!!

Tina in CT June 28, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

I bet you loved resigning! I know the feeling when I did that with a job I was not happy in.

Good luck in your new business!

Rachael June 28, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Congrats, and I hope everything works out well for your family! I know how much you wished for this. You must be so excited!!

Courtney June 28, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

YAY!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! {{{HUGS}}}

jessy June 28, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Annie June 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

I'm so glad for you - and envious, too! Your website looks great; I know you'll be a great success!

Mary Bennett July 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Good luck! But doing all that stuff isn't going to leave you much time for writing! Check out "moderate Means" she is going frugal to stay home.
Mary b
marynate. Blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP