Powered by Blogger.

anniversaries and THREEEEEEE

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Look at me! I'm posting on a semi-regular basis!!! Aren't you so proud of me! This whole leaving the working world to come home to be with the kids and start my own freelance writing/marketing company may be starting to wear off on me a bit already! Look out people, if we don't watch it, I may become quite prolific!!! :)
I have a bit of a hodge-podge for you tonight. A little of this...a little of that...let's start off with the really happy stuff shall we?
We celebrated Family Day yesterday. It was 11 years ago yesterday that we got custody of Alek and took him out the babyhouse. We were finally parents. It seems like just yesterday. And while I know its terribly cliche, can I just say, 'My baby is growing up!' I swear I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and he's going to be towering over me. I just know it. He already has me in his sights. He's making little comments here and there...calling me 'shorty' and saying, 'Hey Mom! Have you shrunk?!'
I just wish he were referring to my weight, instead of my height.
We'll let him enjoy his little bit of fun. Just wait until HIS kids grow up! :)
Yesterday also marked the eighth anniversary of bringing Anya and Nick out of the babyhouse as well. Yep...all three kids have the same Family Day anniversary. Cool, huh? I think so. I've posted before about all of the amazing things that have happened during the adoption of our three oldest kids. Here it is if anyone needs a refresher.
Anyway...we celebrated with a night at the movies and a trip to B@skin Robbins afterwards. The kids were in Heaven. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures until we were home and everyone was in bed. Sigh.
Now for some cool stuff...
The magic number is three! Three days until I am officially gainfully employed as a full-time stay-at-home-mom and part-time business owner. I can't wait!
It's amazing how incredibly at peace I finally am about this whole thing. I've always wanted to do this...we finally have the insurance thing figured out...and I'll still be writing on the side. I don't think it gets much better than that.
PLUS...
I found out today that I may TECHNICALLY not be unemployed after all. Its weird how this all turned out, but the company I work for has decided to go ahead and keep me on the rolls as an incredibly part-time employee. I would still be doing a lot of freelance work for them...and since I'll be doing stuff for a bunch of different departments on a regular basis they figured it would just be easier to have me be really, Really, REALLY part-time.
That way I can go ahead and have taxes taken out of my check...and they don't have to worry about some extra accounting stuff...and I get a decent hourly wage. Well, decent is all in the eye of the beholder, but still...its a regular wage...and that's fine by me.
PLUS...There's a chance I could be eligible for the company's part-time employee's health insurance program which would be AWESOME! :) And I would still be able to do all the work from home.
Seeeeeee....good stuff! :)
It's coming together. Just three more days.

5 salty messages:

Bethany July 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

First of all, congratulations on Family Day and on that tiny number! I bet you haven't looked forward to Friday quite like you are this one. And second, I totally get that "he's gonna pass me up any day now" feeling. We went kayaking on Saturday and when the owner went to help us get out, he looked at A.J.'s shoes in the bottom of the boat and said, "Those aren't his shoes, are they?!?!" And, he was wearing them kayaking because he's outgrown them and I didn't want him ruining his new shoes already. Egad. He turns 9 next month.

BTW, a great trick I learned from my aunt...when disciplining rotten teenagers that are taller than you, stand on the stairs. They still have to look up at you that way. ;)

Have an AWESOME smob life!

Tina in CT July 28, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Congrats on your triple Family Day!

I bet you can't wait to be done on Friday and start the new chapter. That's great about the PT work and hopefully the insurance will work out.

Courtney July 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I know you completely understand when I say I'M SO JEALOUS!! LOL And congratulations!!!!! I hope to be following in your footsteps soon. ;)

lookingforgeorge July 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Yay!! So much good stuff all at once. I love it when life comes together like that. :)

Annie July 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Wow - that all sounds just great! I'm so glad things seem to be working out so well! All that, and baseball too.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP