Powered by Blogger.

coming up for air

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Okay...so this working from home thing is a bit more than I bargained for.
Did you know that it is nearly impossible to do a phone interview without a child interrupting? I had NO idea. (Did you catch that sarcasm?! :)
And you can just forget about typing more than a few words without someone spilling milk all over the kitchen floor or conning their brother into climbing on the counter to grab that precarious box of cereal off of the top shelf.
Ugh.
But all in all, its going pretty well. I took a writing break today - a much needed writing break - to get started on the SMOB part of my new career.
For those of you not in the know, SMOB stands for 'Start My Own Business.' I recently started a marketing/public relations firm for Christian authors and speakers. I'll be helping them with writing press releases, getting interviews, book signings and lots of other marketing efforts. Its already a ton of fun...and I'm only Day 3 into the venture! :)
If anyone is interested in checking it out, you can find us (me) at www.crossrivermedia.com. We also have a Facebook page, which I would like to BEG all of your FB users to 'like'. Its www.facebook.com/crossrivermedia.
I used today to crawl out from under the mountain of paperwork I had sitting on my home office desk. It was A LOT of paperwork. I had to empty the trash can twice. Actually, I had Nick empty the trash can. That's the beauty of having a home-based business...built in, absolutely free employees. ;)
Tomorrow, its back to writing. I have a magazine article to turn in and some calls to make on another one due in a couple of weeks. Whew. It makes me tired just thinking of it...but its a good kind of tired.
Really, it is.

4 salty messages:

SLColman August 4, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

Sounds like things are going awesome :) I am so happy for you!

Tina in CT August 5, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Can you do your work from a desk in your bedroom and enforce "Don't bother Mom hours unless there's a lot of blood" rules?

lookingforgeorge August 5, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Just a few more weeks and they'll all be back in school. Just imagine the peace and quiet! I am so happy for you!

jessy August 5, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

I wouldn't exactly qualify them as free. My "free" employees have a way of costing me big time!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP