Powered by Blogger.

one week (almost) down...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Part of the arrangement in leaving my old job, included the promise that I would continue to write at least a few of the articles that I would be normally scheduled to write, for three weeks after I left.
They would pay me my regular rate...and I would get to work from home. It seemed like a good idea at the time...now, I'm just wishing I would have cut and run.
Thankfully, I'm done with my regular duties for awhile. I finished an article today and don't have another interview until Sunday - and no more deadlines until Tuesday morning...so the last half of this weekend will be shot, but then again...I will be home. ;)
At least I've got one week down.
In other news...
CrossRiver is off and running. I am working with a couple of new authors to get their speaking packets together and am reviewing two, count them TWO, manuscripts for possible publication. 
Oh! I didn't mention that?! :) Yes...CrossRiver is also going to be in the publishing business. This could be VERY interesting. ;)
And I'm getting ready to start my own book...THAT, people, will be interesting indeed. I'm considering putting together a devotional compilation...which means other people will write most of the devotionals and I will edit them and get credit for putting the thing together.
Not too bad, this publishing gig. ;)
In family news...
Tomorrow is the start of Missouri's tax-free weekend, which means I get to head across the river at oh-dark-thirty to try to beat the rush on school supplies. Why there is a rush I really don't know. For heaven's sake its not like there's a shortage of crayons and glue sticks...but I definitely don't want to be duking it out with the lovely people of Joe Town, so an early riser I will be.
As I told a friend earlier today...if you don't hear back from me, you'll know to send in the cadaver dogs.
Ugh.

2 salty messages:

MoscowMom August 5, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

CT does a tax free week but it's on clothes and not school supplies.

It's been a long time since I've needed school supplies but my company collects them for an agency that distributes them to children that can't afford them so I'll be doing my school supply shopping next week too.

So nice to hear that things are moving along with your business.

Conethia and Jim Bob August 9, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Wow!! You have so many great things lined up. Blessings for you and your new business.

TN just had their tax-free weekend. I've learned you get better deals the week before. FYI!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP