Powered by Blogger.

anyone need a chauffer...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

...or a taxi driver...or perhaps a shuttle driver?

I'm thinking about hiring myself out. Really. At least that way I could make a buck or two.

It should come as no surprise that life in the Cowboy State requires driving...lots and lots of driving. I am not exaggerating when I tell you a Jr. High basketball game could easily run 100 miles round trip. Twice that isn't uncommon.

But I haven't driven to any ballgames in awhile and I'm still racking up the miles in no time.

Don't believe me? Well consider this! Yesterday I logged 102.1 miles on Blue Mama. That was one day, ladies! And I. DIDN'T. EVEN. LEAVE. THE. CITY. LIMITS.

MORE -->

I think I spent more time in the car yesterday than I spent at home. I KNOW I spent more time in the car yesterday than I did in front of my computer actually working and trying to earn some money. Something is going to have to give.

The good news is I LOVE my Blazer. LOVE. IT. I not only fit in with the 30,000 other residents of Grab-Your-Lasso that own a gas-guzzling SUV...but it has heated seats.

God bless the person who invented those seat-heaters. I could just hug them. Really. And I'm not huggy.

Last night I did something to my back. I'm not exactly sure what it was that triggered the twinge...maybe all those hours sitting in Blue Mama...but by the time I made my fourth trip back to the other side of town to take the kids to AWANA I was about in tears. It hurt to even breath.

And then I thought of my seat-warmer...and I turned it on.

Minutes later my back was blissfully warm. The pain wasn't completely gone, but I didn't care. I had a warm seat.

So, see? This chauffer thing might not be so bad after all. I'm driving anyway...AND I have heated seats. My home office doesn't have heated seats.

I think I may have found my calling. :)



*Want to keep up to date with my ministry? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. That way you can keep up with what the fam and I are up to...cute pictures, captivating blogs, pithy twitter feeds...you, my friend, can have it all. ;)

1 salty messages:

Courtney November 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

I, too, am a HUGE fan of the heated seats! They are also fantastic at certain times of the month. ;)

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP