Powered by Blogger.

finding maddie

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ellie - AKA Maddie and originally named Nastya
plays Hide and Seek on the orphanage playground. :)
Let's start off National Adoption Month with a look back at our youngest daughter's adoption journey.

The journey was a long and difficult one to say the least. We had so many hurdles and roadblocks, but God was faithful...even when we weren't. He eventually and miraculously lead us to our little girl...in HIS time. This video is full of images of our journey to Ukraine to find Ellie and bring her home.

If you would like to read Ellie's story I suggest you visit our adoption blog, 'Finding Maddie' and start with this post. I called the blog 'Finding Maddie' because while we hadn't met her yet, I just knew she would be a 'Maddie.' Shad wasn't convinced and when it came to naming her we eventually agreed on Ellie. I still find myself calling her Maddie sometimes when I've had a long day. She just laughs and looks at me like I've lost my mind. ;)

Enjoy! ;)



*Want to keep up to date with my ministry? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. That way you can keep up with what the fam and I are up to...cute pictures, captivating blogs, pithy twitter feeds...you, my friend, can have it all. ;)


1 salty messages:

Trauma Mama T November 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

Cried the first time I saw it. Cried now. So beautiful. After the first time I saw your video, I learned this song and performed it many times.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP