Powered by Blogger.

the waiting game

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The interviews are over.
Now we wait.
And you know how I feel about waiting. Unfortunately, for me and those in my immediate vicinity, I'll be at it for at least a couple of weeks. Neither job will be done with interviews until the beginning of March.
Sigh.
Both interviews went reasonably well. Unfortunately, both positions would take us back to what Shad earned right out of vet school...which means cutbacks and more than likely, I would have to find a full-time job.
Not exactly what any of us want to hear.
In the meantime, there's nothing new on the job boards, unless you count the position in Guam, but somehow I don't envision us moving our clan to an island the size of a postage stamp, out in the middle of the Philippine Sea.
Besides, it's hot there...and the mosquitoes are as big as your head.
No. I think we'll stick to the continental U.S., thank you very much.

6 salty messages:

Annie February 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

Any chance of his starting his own practice? I know that someone here in Lansing started a service where they travel in a van to the animal. I'd like THAT!

Waiting is SO hard; I don't do it well either. Especially when so much is at stake. I must say that if I DID have to wait, I'd choose a chair such as you illustrated your post with on a grassy lawn. My guess is your waiting situation is not quite so peaceful.

mamaporuski February 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM  

Praying! And I agree about Guam!

kate February 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM  

I don't know. Guam could be interesting. I bet you'd be able to home school if you went there. ;>

Our vet in Russia came to us and it was sooooooo nice! I agree with Annie that it's an interesting fish to throw in the contemplation pot. (Um, I just made that whole metaphor up...but I think it works.)

kate February 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

Just thinking about you and hoping things are going well. Praying for your family right now.

Bethany February 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

We're nearly drowning in horses and longhorns here in DFW. If he adds this area to his list, let me know and we'll be sure to take care of him while he's out here. Good luck.

Tina in CT February 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

I agree with you about Guam.

What about the vet in the van? My daughter's vet comes to the house to spay and neuter her cats.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP