Powered by Blogger.

what I know

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Who says it takes 30 days to change a habit?
Give me a life-altering crisis and I am a chameleon...a leopard who can change my spots...one old dog who can learn new tricks.
You can now call me 'the sta!ker,' because unlike BEFORE (snort), I now LIVE on the internet. I scour all the job sites searching for new entries...punching the refresh button over and over on the job board at the AVMA in hopes that someone will have just entered a new position Shad will be perfect for.
So far...nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Oh there are jobs in Islip, NY and Stratford, CT, but nothing even CLOSE to our part of the country. And moving all the way across the country is something we're not quite ready to do...yet.
That day may come...but for now we're trying really hard to stay somewhat close to our familiar. I'm willing to move around the Midwest. I don't know that any of us are ready to head to either coast.
In the meantime, Shad has sent one lonely little resume out to a clinic that he interviewed for back in 2003. They offered him the job at the time, but we turned it down due to financial concerns.
It's looking pretty good to us right now! :)
Unfortunately, they're not calling us back...that door may be shut.
Lots of doors are shutting right now...and unfortunately, we don't see God opening any windows.
A friend posted a picture on Facebook the other day that say... 'Faith isn't believing God can, it's knowing God WILL.'
I'm working on knowing...really, I am.

7 salty messages:

Tina in CT February 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM  

What about working for a zoo? Just an idea that popped into my head.

Tamara February 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM  

Great idea Tina, but he doesn't have the right training. The zoo animal professionals have some extra training that Shad just doesn't have.

Annie February 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM  

Is he a small animal, or large animal vet?

Also, I can't figure out why your blogger looks so totally different than mine. You're clever.

kate February 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM  

You know, if you've been given two months to find a new job it's probably going to take...two months. ;> Be strong and of good courage.

kate February 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM  

ps LOVE the new look!

Tamara February 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM  

Annie... He does both. He is a mixed animal vet. As far as the blog design is concerned... Thanks! ;) I use templates to do this. They're readily available all over the internet. You just have to download them and then upload them to blogger. I can walk you through the process if you want.

Tamara February 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM  

Kate... Thanks for the encouragement. You're right, of course. I'm trying to be a little more patient about it. Some days are better than others. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP