Powered by Blogger.

My view

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm figuring out that I have the most time to blog when I'm sitting on a bleacher somewhere waiting for a kid to get done playing a sport. So if you can put up with the typos, you may be hearing a bit more from me this summer.

Today I'm waiting on Alek to get out of basketball practice. This summer is the first time he hasn't played baseball since he was four years old and I have to admit it was tough for me to swallow. And of course, you know it's ALL about me. ;)

I love  baseball...but he loves basketball more. And since he is in high school now and since I can't go around making him do things my way for the rest of his life, I had to let it go. For now. I'm earnestly praying he has a son who absolutely LOVES it. And, of course, there are three more children for me to brainwash.

Thankfully, it appears to be working with the girls...especially Maddie. She LIVES for softball. Seriously. And she's pretty good. Anya is good too and is starting to find her niche, I think, as a catcher. At this point Nick could take it or leave it. His sport, I think could be football...as strange as that sounds. He's a little guy...but he's fast and he LOVES it. Of course the thought of him out there with guys twice his size makes me a little nauseous. I may need to stock up on some anti-anxiety meds by the time he hits high school.

I leave you tonight with a glimpse of my view as I sit in Blue Mama. I'm outside the gym waiting for Alek to get done with basketball practice because he announced this evening that it embarassing to be seen with me in public. I am being a nice, understanding mom (for now) and waiting in the car.

What he doesn't realize is that as I sit here it gives me plenty of time to come up with a plan to TRULY embarrass him. I'm open to suggestions.

2 salty messages:

kate May 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM  

Great picture of an understanding/embarrassing mom's pov.

Tina in CT May 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM  

You could always give him a big hug and kiss when you pick him up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP